. . . There I was . . . laid out on a table totally naked with naked women on both sides of me. I were experiencing the famous body scrub at the Olympus spa. It is an all-women's, nude spa run by Korean women. What a way to ring in Kendra's 30th!
Before the scrub we spent time in a variety of different rooms - the salt room, the charcoal room, the stone room - soaking up the relaxing atmosphere and the health benefits of the different elements. The spa room includes a number of different hydro tubs, all set at different temperatures, a mugwort shower, and a sauna.
I thought I would be nervous about the naked part, but it was really empowering to be around women of every shape and size who were enjoying themselves and not overly conscious about their physicalness. It felt natural to be naked with complete strangers. It may have been the highlight of 2009, but watching the Sox for two nights in a row was pretty nice too.
My college roomie Kendra turned 30 early this month and she is one of the most amazing women I know. (Left, next to another amazing woman - Kristin.) Thank you, ladies, for a fabulous day. And thank you Kendra for being born!
1 comment:
what hotties! I wish I could have been there soaking in the relaxation with you.
Post a Comment