January 16, 2010

We are only missing one thing (an actual baby)

New Space
Jason and I have expanded our castle to include some beautiful space above our apartment. I hope Baby Shutt likes the color blue. I am 38 weeks today and there are NO signs of labor. I was hoping things would be moving along by now . . . but we are not worried. Below is a few of my favorite things, waiting patiently for Baby Shutt.
The Cradle
The cradle was made by Mel, Jason's dad, when Jason's mom was pregnant. I never met Jason's dad, but I know that he loved Jason dearly and I am reminded of this fact every time I see this sweet, little rocking bed. It feels like a part of him is with us, watching over us, as we begin our parenting journey.
High Chair
Jason's mom bought us this three-in-one high chair made by Amish artisans. You turn it on its side and it becomes a rocker and you turn it on its other side and it becomes a little desk. It was the hit of the baby shower! (My mom joked that all the grandmas in the room would be rushing out to try to find one.) And it is parked right next to Jason's fly-tying desk. So during sleepless nights with a crying baby he can demonstrate the art of creating a wooly bugger or a nymph.

Just cute

More cuteness

A baby journal by Nikki McClure, one of my favorite local artists. And the sheep lamp. Love the sheep lamp.

Homemade blankets from grandma, aunties, and friends
An amazing quilt by our friend KC

Another amazing quilt by our friend Lisa (sorry for the blur)

Rocking Chair
Not new. In fact, picked up off the side of the road in Waltham. But washed and ready. I plan to spend most of the next four months parked right here.


The Dad-to-be.
Fixing stuff. Cleaning stuff. And basically doing everything. I have reached the point where I am fairly tired and sore most of the day and Jason is doing all the dishes, most of the meals, picking me up and driving me to the ferry, and everything else on "my list." Basically this man deserves a long day on the water without me making demands of his time :) Thank you sweetie!

5 comments:

Schoolcraft Stuff said...

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! You guys did an amazing job. I want to be your baby. Thinking of you three every day. Can't wait for the surprise:)
xo

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures! Can't wait for more news!

Katrina said...

And now we're all just sitting here, hitting the refesh button, and waiting for the news...

The Sutton Family said...

Truman is going LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his new room! Great job mom and dad!!

Malena said...

Darling... Love the cradle. You guys did a great job on the room!