February 19, 2010

Truman's favorite ladies

Louisa - our Doula who became a midwife during our pregnancy (congrats Louisa) and just opened a practice on the island (with Truman at a home visit during his first week of life).

Mel - the lead midwife at our birth (with Truman at our two-week follow-up visit).


Cindie - the assisting midwife at our birth and the founder of Seattle Midwife (with Truman at our two-day home visit).

We were very very lucky to have incredible guidance and expertise during our pregnancy and birth from two talented midwives and one hilarious doula. I would have been much more neurotic during pregnancy if not for Mel and Cindie's patient and reassuring approach. And our doula Louisa was with us for the full 24 hours of labor and kept us calm and focussed. I get a little weepy knowing I won't see these wonderful women regularly anymore, but I am grateful for their care.

1 comment:

Eva said...

I SO want to talk to you about your birthing center! Thinking that is the way we'll go next time... whenever that time will be.