October 3, 2010

Eight months

Truman,

Eight months! My first reaction is to say, "phew. we made it. you are still here and we haven't caused any serious damage."

You are moving around the room so fast these days. Crawling, climbing, and scooting your way toward anything interesting and dangerous. You eat like a champ. We are done mashing up food and you are enjoying all the new flavors and textures. You love bananas, peaches, and yogurt smoothies most of all. I like your yogurt smoothies too. Full fat yogurt - yum.

We talk a lot about how advanced you are. I know - so cliche. And I am not saying that you are better than other babies, I am just saying that you are cuter, smarter, and stronger. This conversation makes your Grandma laugh and laugh and laugh. And that makes you laugh. You love when Grandma cracks up.

An ideal day for you would be to watch the dogs race around the farm, be allowed to chew on pieces of dirt you find on the floor, nurse 77 times, hang out with dad, read Geckos in the Bed, chew on Geckos in the Bed, knock down a couple of towers, find the star block and hold onto it for a couple of hours, and snuggle up in our bed at night.

We bought you a house this month! With a tree fort, and your own room that I am going to paint seafoam green, and a pond, and some trees, and a little porch where I am going to sit after dad puts you to bed and reflect on how much I love you. Because I do. I love you and dad best and most. xo, Mama



3 comments:

Schoolcraft Stuff said...

I love it so. This made me cry. What a big strong amazing boy. I miss him. Can we play soon? xoxo

The Sutton Family said...

Adorable!

Lanette said...

That made me tear up a bit. (Where is the "like" button when I need it?) Glad you're all doing so well and little Truman is so healthy and awesome :)