November 9, 2010

Nine months

Dear Truman,

This month we moved, which meant you spent a lot of time in the front carrier while mama and dad packed, sorted, bickered, cleaned, made goodwill runs, scoured Craigslist, unpacked, cleaned again, sorted again, bickered some more, and finally we are settled at our new place. You proved to be the most mellow guy. You just laughed, snuggled, and crawled around at lightening speed.

You are in the most wonderful stage. You have learned how to snuggle, nuzzle, and kiss. Sometimes at night when I am putting you to bed and you are not quite ready to go to sleep, you will start with the kissing. More of an open mouth slobber in my neck, but it is clearly your version of a kiss. You know I will let you stay up as late as you want when you are handin' out the kisses.

You are also playing with toys in a whole new way. It is clear you have favorites. Right now it is your wooden balls (they make the best sound when you roll them across the floor) and these two little plastic bathtub "guys". I bought you a play kitchen and as soon as I am done playing with it, you can use it.

Dad stocked our pond with fish, and I can't wait until he teaches you to cast.

You are also eating everything in site. You are nine months old and our grocery bill is already being impacted by your appetite. Meat, roasted squash, pasta with veggies, cheese, pita bread, banana smoothies . . . you name it and you have eaten it.

Truman, you are just like the moon - you light up the night. We love you bigtime. xo mama



No comments: