August 16, 2009

16 Weeks

Is there actually a baby in there or is it just a giant beer belly? Because it looks to me like I have been spending too much time in the buffet line.

So far the second trimester is treating me right. I am feeling really strong and relaxed overall, and all the tiredness of the first trimester is gone. I am constantly hungry. . . no specific cravings just an overwhelming desire to eat. We see our midwife again tomorrow and we are starting to think more and more about the birth.

Jason is learning about all kinds of things . . . I love showing him a birth photo from one of my many books and watching his eyes get wide. Especially the photo with the baby entering the earth face first. Poor guy, I am torturing him. But we are having a great time talking about all that is to come and the challenge of actually moving this growing baby from inside to outside.

2 comments:

The Sutton Family said...

You look adorable! Great belly shot!

Malena said...

Ohh, that has to be the cutest little belly ever! :) Hey keep those birth pictures coming Jason's way... You could shock him endlessly and still not prepare him- nothing like the real thing!Glad to hear you're feeling good!