We spent the last 11 days together as a family. You, me, Dad, and Frank. We had so much fun taking you on adventures to see family, visiting new places, and bundling you up to enjoy some long family walks.
You are quickly moving from baby to boy. We cut your hair without much fanfare and you are days away from taking your first steps. You love to look out the window and you are starting to point at things that you want to look at and touch. Today you pointed at the fruit bowl and when I brought you over to it you palmed an apple with one hand and brought it up to your mouth.
Your other favorite activities are to feed Franco treats, play in the water (dog dish, tub, whatever), and to "nest" toys inside of each other.
Each morning when you wake at six, Dad brings you into our bed while we try to steal another hour of sleep. These are my most favorite moments.
Even though I know you might be both our first and last child, I don't mind how fast you are growing. It does go fast. Everyone says it and it is true. I don't want to cling to your infanthood. I am too excited for where you are at right now. Cooking in your kitchen. Throwing tantrums if I turn the page of a book (you are the only one allowed to turn pages, apparently). Letting me chase you around and catching you with a big kiss.
Parenthood is like a water slide. You know it will only last for a brief moment, but it is a thrilling moment.
xoxo, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment