August 2, 2009

Farm life






Font size
What is new on the farm? Jason found this huge snake in the driveway today . . . we have never seen one like this so we are wondering if it was a former pet. Everything is peaking . . . we ate huge bowls of carrots for dinner, and are picking tomatoes, raspberries, peaches, plums, and apples. The potatoes (in the second picture down) are deelish. I'm glad we planted so many this year. The garlic is braided and the onions are being stored in the basement of the barn. The dahlias are gorgeous as always, thanks to Jason's hard work. And we learned a lot about digging them up and sorting them. We are busy drooling over a giant map of Okanogan County and thinking about our hiking/camping trip next week. Franco is HOT and reluctantly submits to his daily hose down.

4 comments:

MB said...

Hi Mairead and Jason,

Just had a great salad made of tomatoes, peaches, red onions, and balsamic (supposed to add cilantro as well but didn't have any). Just wanted to share in case you are looking for something to do with all your fruit!

miss you! Love, Mari

The Sutton Family said...

The dahilas look gorgeous! So jealous! So great to see you two on Saturday and I'm glad you stayed later, so we could spend some quality time together talking. And, long enough for Scott to rally and come out and say hi again! See you soon! Love you! And, you looked beautiful!

Malena said...

Looks wonderful! I need to ask you some questions about potatoes garlic and onions- I want to try growning them next year. That snake is huge- not a regular find in Western Washington, right? Hmmm... Have a great time in Okanogan- we love going over there-it's amazing how different it is from here, and it's so close. Enjoy!

Eva said...

I am drooling over your dahlias.